Sunday, July 12, 2009

Don't crash.... Ok don't crash again...

I had not raced a motocross bike for over a month until yesterday. I wasn't exactly filled with overwhelming pride and confidence in my riding skills a month ago, but as of July 11, 2009, I would say my confidence level is in the negative. If someone could have told me how bad I would have done in my first race back, I would have stayed in bed.

My speed was not the problem, surprisingly. My fitness was a big problem on the other hand. Bad starts didn't exactly make my day any easier, but I felt like I had what it took to comeback from the back and win the race. In my dreams...

I got inside my own head and rode a little too aggressively and took myself out of not just my first moto, but my second as well. All in all, I completed about 6 laps on the day. There's no feeling worse than being away from the sport that I love(d) so much, only to come back, be fast in practice, and do abysmally bad once the gate dropped. I left the racetrack with my head hanging low. I have been trying to view my glass as half full, and I will try this whole motocross racing thing again on Thursday, at Portland International Raceway. Thursday night motocross is a blast.

No comments: