Monday, July 2, 2007

STYLE MATTERS!

I know when I go to the races; I want to look as fresh, and pretty looking, as humanly possible. The gear I wear can affect me more than anything, even the weather. I have to have all matching gloves, pants and jersey, with a clean pair of boots, some clear goggles, and a shiny bike. You have to look good, to feel good, to race good. It’s just common geology, or something like that. The pros have it all handed to them. New gear for each moto, guys who break their boots in for them, and their wrenches make sure their bikes look brand new before they start a race.
For the average Joe rider, looking great can be more of a task, which is probably why the average rider takes such pride in his look. No matter how fast you are, you just look that much better if you have some clean gear, that just looks plain cool! Then add in a bike with some pretty noticeable bling, without a spec of dirt on it, and you are one good-looking motocross racer. Stunning good likes, like the ones I have, don’t always guarantee results, but it sure helps your confidence, especially if there are some certified dime pieces around. See, most chicks don’t care if you win; they just love “how cute” you look in your race gear. While I don’t recommend spending more time cleaning your new Alpinestars, than you do, riding or training, I do think it is a good idea to have a little style. You may come in last, but you’ll look damn good doing it.

No comments: